Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Wait...Some More

Well, we still have nothing more than a hole in the ground. And one section of it is still damp. Our builder, Dave, is in the process of working with the land development company to see what help they are going to provide.
I'm hoping that we hear back today about stuff but I'm not holding my breath. I just hope that we get something resolved this week.
If we stick with this lot (that's right, there's a possibility of moving to a 3rd lot) we'll have to do quite a bit of work to make sure that some time in the future we don't get water in the basement or have settlling problems with the foundation. The engineers say that they can engineer around this and make sure the house is ok but it will just cost money.
The biggest thing that I'm concerned with is that if we have to fork over more money for waterproofing we won't be able to do the Geothermal (or ground-to-air heat pump as it's called).
As Dave has told me, "A week won't make us but it could certainly break us." Meaning that taking a week longer up front to do thing right won't hurt us but if we don't take the time now, we may end up paying for it in the long run.

No comments: