Thursday, June 26, 2008

Mailbox Key

One thing that we need to do is get a key to the mailbox cluster. It is located across the street from our house, which is convenient.
I went online to the USPS web site and found the 800 number for their customer service. 1-800-ASK-USPS (1-800-275-8777). I worked through their menu system and found out the local branch that services my area. This was the only place that I could find the local phone number for that branch, by the way.
I contacted them and asked them how to get a key for new construction. First, she had to check to see if my mailbox was handled by a contractor, which it's not. Then she told me that all I needed to do was bring down a proof of purchase for the house and a photo ID.
I plan on doing this tomorrow after lunch.

While I was on the USPS web site I also changed my address so mail is forwarded from my old address to the new one. I had a temporary forwarding of my mail to my in-laws while we were "homeless".

No comments: