Saturday, May 17, 2008

Concrete. Finally.


Concrete 2008-05-15 5
Originally uploaded by lander_quill
The concrete guys were finally able to come out and pour all the cement for the house. They poured the Front Porch, Back Patio, Driveway and Sidewalks. The neighborhood covenant says that the sidewalks are supposed to have a curve in them, instead of being straight. We were really leery of this because that is the one thing we didn't like about the neighborhood. A lot of the sidewalks look like they zig-zag. I brought this concern up with Dave and he laughed. He said that he completely agrees with me that they look horrible. And besides the look, they would be a nightmare to shovel. He assured me that our sidewalks would have as little curve to them as possible. When I went out to see them after they were poured I was very relieved. They look great.
Jill and I went out last night to look again and Jill said that she needed to stand on the front porch. We've got a great view of the pond and the playground. The stone for the base of the house is supposed to be delivered soon. They said that they'd be right on the heels of the cement guys.

No comments: