Sunday, May 18, 2008

Staining


Staining 2008-5-17 1
Originally uploaded by lander_quill
Jill and I agreed that the woodwork in the house should be stained the same color as the kitchen cabinets. We realized that this would be a challenge because the wood types are different and the cabinets have a black glaze on them. I went over to the house right after they had started staining the wood in the master suite and my heart dropped. I really didn't like the look. To me it didn't look like a craftsman style color, it looked more like something out of the 70's. I went home really disappointed and told Jill that we needed to go back out and hear her opinion. We went out the end of the next day and saw that they had stained the majority of the house. Now that the stain had a chance to dry and it was on more things, it had started to look like it was supposed to. Now I can't wait to see what it is going to look like with the varnish on it, and with paint color next to it. The painters are only supposed to be there for 2 weeks but I'm guessing that they'll have to be there into a 3rd week, based on the fact that they didn't get the stain done by the end of one.
We'll see. I'm hoping that the rest of the work will go faster.

No comments: